Get Flash !/>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Now after reading and not posting what people will do for a $50 iBook, I thought to myself hmmm, this is a much better story.
The Red Cross across the country, in some chapters have begun offering incentives including raffles for free iPods, vacations, free gas cards and free meals in an attempt to increase the nation’s blood supply.

In addition to offering prizes, the Red Cross is also relaxing some of its screening rules to widen the potential donor pool, including extending the length of time some donors can have lived in Europe and still give blood. But the Red Cross says "the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved all changes to the guidelines for blood donations to ensure that the blood supply remains safe". So if your too lazy to give blood normally but think the blood shortage is not reason enough, and need a incentive like a free iPod. Go, Go, Go!!!



Well Apple put out another Security Update this one is 2005-007 v1.1 to fix an issue first identified by Wolfram Research (makers of Mathematica). This update is only for 10.4.2 client & servers. You can get it through Software update or Version Tracker.


On a completly unrelated note, my wife sent me a poem I thought I would share with you all.

THE POEM
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.....
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"

pass the poem on!

Have a Great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home